- About Us
- On Our Shelves
- AB Featured Favorites
- YA Lit Conference
- Signed Pre-Orders
Buy e-books at AndersonsBookshop.com, read everywhere!
No need to buy a new gizmo. Read Google eBooks™ on your desktop, laptop,
tablet, iPad, iPhone, Droid, Nook, Sony Reader, or any other dedicated reading device.
Now you can support your local indie bookseller in the digital world
For many of our customers, part of the appeal of Google eBooks is the ability to support Anderson's Bookshop online as well as in the bookstore. If you agree please return to AndersonsBookshop.com every time you shop for e-books.
NEW! Get the FREE app for Android or Apple devices and buy the majority of our e-books for the same price as Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
CLICK HERE for detailed ebook instructions for Apple and Android Devices.
1) Download the IndieBound Reader app from the Android Market or App Store
2) Enter your Illinois zip code
3) Select Anderson's Bookshop
4) Browse and buy e-books from your local indie bookstore!
Search for more google eBooks >>
How do I read the Google eBooks I bought?
After buying your e-books from our website, you can access and manage your titles from the eLibrary page at AndersonsBookshop.com. Since the eLibrary page is synced up with the Google cloud, you'll find all your purchases there. To start reading immediately, just click the e-book cover art.
You can also read your Google eBooks on the iPad, iPhone, Sony Reader, Nook, and other devices (except Kindle, a closed proprietary system). See a full list of Adobe-compatible devices here.
To read Google eBooks on your iPad, iPhone, or Android phone, download the free app in the Apple Appstore or Android Market. Once a purchase is complete, you will be directed to download your Google eBooks from your "My Account" tab at AndersonsBookshop.com, where your e-books can be found on the "My eBooks" tab. From here, you can read in the web-based Google Books reader or on any device with the Google Books app.
Here are the steps for each device:
Google eBooks files will download automatically into your default download location. Once the Adobe Digital Editions file is downloaded, double-click this file to open in the Adobe Digital Editions reader. The ebook can now be read on a computer through the Adobe Digital Editions reader. If you don't already have the free Adobe Digital Editions software, click here to go to the official download page.
iPad, iPhone, Android etc.
Just download the IndieBound Reader app from the Android Market or App Store, select Anderson’s Bookshop, and that's it. You can browse and buy ebooks from Anderson’s Bookshop for the same price as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple's iBookstore, and Google's ebookstore.
The app runs on any smartphone, including iPhone, Droid, and BlackBerry, and e-readers like iPad, Kindle Fire, Nook Color, Kobo, Sony Reader, and many others. Learn more here »
Sony Reader, Nook, Kobo, Mac and and PC users
You have the option to download an Adobe Digital Editions version of your Google eBook purchase, which can then be transferred to a Nook or Sony Reader. Adobe Digital Editions files are readable on a computer through Adobe's free program also called Adobe Digital Editions. The Adobe Digital Editions software is required for using Adobe Digital Editions files. Adobe Digital Editions files are also compatible with the mobile e-reader devices Nook and Sony Reader, by transferring files to the appropriate device when connected to a computer.
(Older Generation) Nook instructions:
Once plugged in, the Nook will appear as a device under your Bookshelves. From here, just drag and drop the e-book file from the Library to the device icon. Once the device is ejected, the e-book will appear in the Nook's inventory.
(Older Generation) Sony Reader for PC users:
• Connect your Sony Reader to your computer's USB port and open Reader Library. Sony Reader will appear in the Reader Library menu as Reader.
• Reader Library will ask you to associate any EPUB files (which includes Adobe Digital Editions files) with Reader Library by default. If Sony Reader is the sole device you plan to use, choose "Yes."
• Import files into Reader Library by choosing File > Import Files from the menu. Once the downloaded titles appear in the Library, simply drag the titles from the Library to the Reader. Once the device is ejected, the purchased e-book will appear in the Sony Reader's inventory.
(Older Generation) Sony Reader for Mac users:
• Connect your Sony Reader to your computer's USB port and open Reader Library. Sony Reader will appear in the Reader Library menu as "Reader."
• Reader Library will ask you to associate any EPUB files (which includes Adobe Digital Editions files) with Reader Library by default—choose "No."
• Import files by choosing File > Import Files from the menu. Rather than the default download location, the appropriate Adobe Digital Editions files will be found in Documents > Digital Editions.
• Once the downloaded titles appear in Library, simply drag the titles from the Library to the Reader.
As Kindle Fires are popping up around the U.S. (and with many more given Christmas morning), many of you have been wondering whether it is possible for Indie bookshops, like Anderson’s, to sell Google eBooks for the Kindle Fire. After all, the Kindle Fire is based on Google's Android operating system, and IndieCommerce has worked with Bluefire to create the IndieBound Reader app for Android and iOS devices .
The answer is that it is in fact possible to run the IndieBound Reader app on the Kindle Fire through a process called sideloading. Sideloading refers to the practice of installing apps without going through the official app store on a device.
There are many great sideloading walkthroughs for the Kindle Fire online.
And a YouTube video:
And finally, some threads on Amazon's own forums on the topic:
An APK file (described in the tutorials above) for IndieBound Reader can be