Stick Dog Dreams of Ice Cream (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Stick Dog series.
- #1: Stick Dog (Paperback): $7.99
- #2: Stick Dog Wants a Hot Dog (Paperback): $7.99
- #3: Stick Dog Chases a Pizza (Paperback): $7.99
- #5: Stick Dog Tries to Take the Donuts (Hardcover): $13.99
- #6: Stick Dog Slurps Spaghetti (Hardcover): $12.99
- #7: Stick Dog Craves Candy (Hardcover): $12.99
- #8: Stick Dog Crashes a Party (Hardcover): $12.99
- #9: Stick Dog Gets the Tacos (Hardcover): $12.99
- #10: Stick Dog Meets His Match (Hardcover): $12.99
- #11: Stick Dog Takes Out Sushi (Hardcover): $12.99
- #12: Stick Dog #12 (Hardcover): $12.99
Stick Dog and his pals are back, but this time the temperature is rising and they're all feeling the heat. They need cold, cold ice cream on this hot, hot day!
It will take all of Stick Dog's smarts to guide his friends to a scrumptious ice-cream feast. They'll battle a water-attacking machine, discover rainbow puddles, and chase the strangest, loudest truck they've ever seen.
But there's a looming threat to their mission—Stick Dog gets spotted by a human. And the police are on his tail. If he's captured, Stick Dog may never see his friends again. If he escapes, it's ice cream for everyone.
With hilarious text and stick-figure drawings, reluctant readers will eat this one up! Perfect for fans of such series as Dog Man, Big Nate, Timmy Failure, and Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
Other favorites in the series include Stick Dog Wants a Hot Dog, Stick Dog Chases a Pizza, and many more!
About the Author
Tom Watson lives in Chicago with his wife, daughter, and son. He also has a dog, as you could probably guess. The dog is a Labrador-Newfoundland mix. Tom says he looks like a Labrador with a bad perm. He wanted to name the dog "Put Your Shirt On" (please don't ask why), but he was outvoted by his family. The dog's name is Shadow. Early in his career Tom worked in politics, including a stint as the chief speechwriter for the governor of Ohio. This experience helped him develop the unique, storytelling narrative style of the Stick Dog books. More important, Tom's time in politics made him realize a very important thing: Kids are way smarter than adults. And it's a lot more fun and rewarding to write stories for them than to write speeches for grown-ups.
“Full of silly, slapstick doggy humor. An enticing package.” —Kirkus Review
— Kirkus Reviews