Hilo Book 3: The Great Big Boom: (A Graphic Novel) (Hardcover)
On Our Shelves Now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Hilo series.
- #1: Hilo Book 1: The Boy Who Crashed to Earth: (A Graphic Novel) (Hardcover): $13.99
- #2: Hilo Book 2: Saving the Whole Wide World: (A Graphic Novel) (Hardcover): $13.99
- #4: Hilo Book 4: Waking the Monsters: (A Graphic Novel) (Hardcover): $13.99
- #5: Hilo Book 5: Then Everything Went Wrong: (A Graphic Novel) (Hardcover): $13.99
- #6: Hilo Book 6: All the Pieces Fit: (A Graphic Novel) (Hardcover): $13.99
- #7: Hilo Book 7: Gina---The Girl Who Broke the World: (A Graphic Novel) (Hardcover): $13.99
- #8: Hilo Book 8: Gina and the Big Secret: (A Graphic Novel) (Hardcover): $13.99
- #9: Hilo Book 9: Gina and the Last City on Earth: (A Graphic Novel) (Hardcover): $13.99
- #10: Hilo Book 10: Rise of the Cat: (A Graphic Novel) (Hardcover): $14.99
"An action-packed page turner with heart!"—Dav Pilkey, author of DOG MAN
Take off on an action packed adventure with HILO Book 3! Dog Man meets Big Nate in this hilarious New York Times bestselling graphic novel series that kids love!
Aah!!!! Everyone's favorite space boy is BACK! Hilo may look like an ordinary kid, but he’s DEFINITELY not! When we last saw Hilo, DJ, and Gina, Gina had been sucked into a mysterious portal! But friends don’t let friends disappear into NOWHERE! It’s up to D.J. and Hilo to follow her. Will there be danger? YES! Will there be amazing surprises? OF COURSE! Will Gina end up being the one to save them? DEFINITELY! The trio will have to battle bad guys and face disgusting food, an angry mom, powerful magic, and more! Will they survive . . . and make it back to Earth before the portal closes again?!
Here's what people (and robots!) are saying about Hilo!
“More giant robotic ants and people going 'Aaaah!' than in the complete works of Jane Austen”—Neil Gaiman, bestselling author
“Every kid would love a pal like HILO, and every kid will love this book!” —Lincoln Peirce, bestselling author of the Big Nate series
"A perfect book for any kid who ever needed a friend and then had one with superpowers fall from space.” —Seth Meyers, actor, comedian and writer
"A story that can be enjoyed by the entire family."—The New York Times
"A Total BLAST." —Miami Herald
* "A wholeheartedly weird and wonderful tale of friendship, acceptance, and robots."—Kirkus Reviews, Starred Review
* "A must-have."—School Library Journal, Starred Review
About the Author
JUDD WINICK is the author of the New York Times bestselling, Children’s Choice Book Award–winning graphic novel Hilo. Judd lives in San Francisco with his wife, their two kids, and their cat. Judd has written bestselling comic book series, including Batman, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Justice League, and Star Wars. Judd also appeared as a cast member of MTV’s The Real World: San Francisco and is the author of the highly acclaimed graphic novel Pedro and Me, about his Real World roommate and friend, AIDS activist Pedro Zamora. Visit Judd and Hilo online at .juddwinick.com, or find him on Twitter at @JuddWinick.
Praise for the Series:
* Children's Choice 5th-6th Grade Book of the Year
* Nominated for multiple State Awards—including the Pennsylvania's Young Reader's Choice Award
* A New York Public Library Best Book for Kids
“High energy and HILARIOUS!” —Gene Luen Yang, winner of the Printz and Eisner awards and National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature
“I LOVE this book. HILO is alive, action-packed . . . and amazing fun.” —Brad Meltzer, bestselling author
"HILO is delightful, silly, tender, and most importantly: funny.” —Jeff Smith, bestselling author of the Bone series
"Fast paced, FURIOUSLY FUNNY, and will have kids waiting on the edge of their seats for more."—Jeffrey Brown, bestselling author of Jedi Academy
"HILO is loads of slapstick fun with a touch of tenderness that kids will love."—Dan Santat, Caldecott Medal Winner
“Solid. Expect this series to receive the same reverence as Jeff Smith's Bone.” —Kirkus Reviews, starred review
"Diverse characters, good friends, and humorous dialogue coupled with colorful illustrations and plenty of action makes this A MUST-HAVE for all children’s graphic novel collections." —School Library Journal, starred review
“[A] lively and entertaining ADVENTURE with enough risk to give it heft and plenty of solid friendship to keep readers buoyed… Lush, bright colors and a freewheeling approach to panels create an immersive environment.”—Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books, starred review
"My students are obsessed with this series. OBSESSED!"—Colby Sharp, teacher, blogger, and co-founder of Nerdy Bookclub