A Very Prairie Christmas Bakebook: Cookies, Candies, Cakes & More: Vintage Baking to Celebrate the Festive Season (Hardcover)
Out Of Stock - Can Be Ordered For You. May take extra time.
A GLOBE & MAIL BESTSELLER
INCLUDES THE NATIONAL POST’S TOP MOST POPULAR RECIPES OF 2023!
The quintessential classic Christmas baking book, with over 120 recipes to celebrate the festive baker in all of us!
A Very Prairie Christmas Bakebook is the only cookbook you will need this season, whether you're from the Prairies or just love Christmas baking. Take it from Karlynn Johnston, the bestselling author of Flapper Pie and a Blue Prairie Sky and The Prairie Table and someone who owns SIX Christmas trees—these goodies are sure to keep your Christmas spirit going all season long.
Inside, you'll find over 120 of the best of the best recipes for filling your family’s homes and bellies with festive cheer, including:
- Traditional family recipes: Inspire memory-making for you and yours with sweets like Traditional Whipped Shortbread, Divinity Candy, and Auntie Darlene’s Dark Whisky Fruitcake.
- Home-grown Prairie desserts: Treats like Millionaire’s Shortbread and Marshmallow Yule Logs warm the soul when the Prairies turn into a winter wonderland.
- The ultimate cookie exchange guide: Pick up tips for hosting and baking the best cookies to swap, like Cherry Snowballs and Gumdrop Cookies.
- Cocktails and punches: Get the Christmas party started with drinks like the Retro Sherbert Party Punch and the Perfect Christmas Crantini.
- Ukrainian Christmas dishes: learn Karlynn’s family's traditional recipes, like Pampushky and Kutia.
Indulge in the chilly season’s slower pace with a glorious, once-a-year baking fest where you pull out all the stops. Whether you’re a fan of Karlynn’s previous books or you’re discovering her vintage charm for the first time, these sweetly dressed pages make it clear that this is the book she was born to write. A Very Prairie Christmas Bakebook is a feast for all senses, for reminiscing in your favorite festive memories and making cherished new ones.
About the Author
Blogger and author KARLYNN JOHNSTON can usually be found at home taste-testing new recipes and cocktails in her home studio kitchen for her website, The Kitchen Magpie. When she’s not there, you can find her thrifting vintage Christmas decor, or working at her rural fixer-upper farmstead, Magpie Farm. Karlynn lives in Edmonton, Canada, with her husband and two children.
PRAISE FOR A VERY PRAIRIE CHRISTMAS BAKEBOOK
"Latest cookbook by Karlynn Johnston is a Christmas gift that keeps on giving. For someone who loves to bake and loves the holidays, this cookbook is definitely for them."—SASKATOON STAR PHOENIX
PRAIRIE FOR KARLYNN JOHNSTON'S PREVIOUS BOOKS
Praise for Flapper Pie and a Blue Prairie Sky
“Flapper Pie and a Blue Prairie Sky is beautiful in a completely organic way, a tribute to the years [Johnston] spent honing the craft of baking and photography, and to her quirky eye for gleaming kitsch. It’s a collection as honest and sincere as the author.”—NATIONAL POST
Praise for The Prairie Table
“Karlynn Johnston is truly a master class in working both sides of modern food culture.”—EDMONTON JOURNAL