Mary Poppins Comes Back (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
- #1: Mary Poppins (Compact Disc): $24.95
- #2: Mary Poppins Comes Back (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #3: Mary Poppins Opens the Door (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #4: Mary Poppins in the Park (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #5: Mary Poppins in Cherry Tree Lane (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #6: Mary Poppins and the House Next Door (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
Pulled down from the clouds at the end of a kite string, Mary Poppins is back. In Mary’s care, the Banks children meet the King of the Castle and the Dirty Rascal, visit the upside-down world of Mr. Turvy and his bride, Miss Topsy, and spend a breathless afternoon above the park, dangling from a clutch of balloons.
About the Author
P. L. Travers (1899-1996) was a drama critic, travel essayist, reviewer, lecturer, and the creator of Mary Poppins. Ms. Travers wrote several other books for adults and children, but it is for the character of Mary Poppins that she is best remembered.
MARY SHEPARD (1910-2000) was the daughter of Ernest Shepard, illustrator of the Winnie the Pooh books and The Wind in the Willows. She illustrated P. L. Travers's Mary Poppins books for more than fifty years.
"When Mary Poppins is about, her young charges can never tell where the real world merges into make-believe. Neither can the reader, and that is one of the hallmarks of good fantasy."--The New York Times