The Travel Photography Book: Step-By-Step Techniques to Capture Breathtaking Travel Photos Like the Pros (Paperback)
Learn how to take professional-quality photographs when you travel, using the same tricks today's top photographers use
If you've ever dreamed of making such incredible travel photos that when your friends and family see them they say, "Wait a minute, this is your photo ? You took this?" then you're holding the right book.
Scott Kelby, award-winning travel photographer and author of the best-selling digital photography book in history, shares all his secrets and time-tested techniques as he discusses everything from his go-to essential travel gear, to camera settings, to how to research before your trip, to the travel photography techniques that will help you capture truly captivating images on your trip.
Among many other topics, you'll learn:
- - What makes a great travel photo (including what to shoot and what to skip).
- - Which lenses and accessories will get you the best results (including when to use them and why).
- - How to post-process your images in Lightroom or Photoshop to get incredible results.
- - Tips for getting great portraits of the locals and even how to get them to pose for your shots.
- - When it makes more sense to use your cell phone's camera instead.
- - Travel photo recipes that show you the ingredients for creating specific types of travel shots.
- - How to compose your travel images, how to keep your gear safe when traveling, and a ton of killer tips to help you create better travel images, and make your entire trip that much more fun.
It's all here--Scott doesn't hold anything back in this groundbreaking book that will help you take the type of travel images you've always dreamed of. There's never been a travel photography book like itTABLE OF CONTENTS Chapter 1: Doing the Research Before Your Trip Chapter 2: What Makes a Great Travel Photo? It... Chapter 3: Gear and Settings Chapter 4: Travel Photography Accessories Chapter 5: Capturing Images of People Chapter 6: Composition Chapter 7: Other Cool Stuff to Shoot Chapter 8: When to Shoot with Your Phone Instead Chapter 9: What to Shoot Chapter 10: Sharing Images from Your Trip Chapter 11: Travel Photography Tips & Tricks Chapter 12: Editing Your Images Chapter 13: Photo Recipes to Help You Get the Shot
About the Author
Scott Kelby is the world's #1 best-selling author of photography technique books, as well as Editor and Publisher of the highly acclaimed Photoshop User magazine. He is co-host of the influential weekly photography talk show The Grid and he teaches digital photography workshops and seminars around the world. Scott is an award-winning author of over 60 books, including How Do I Do That in Lightroom?, How Do I Do That in Photoshop?, The Lightroom Book for Digital Photographers, The Digital Photography Book series, Professional Portrait Retouching Techniques for Photographers, and Light It, Shoot It, Retouch It. He lives in Oldsmar, FL. For more on Scott, visit his fantastic blog at scottkelby.com.