CANCELED - The Whole Story Book Group
We are sorry to report that due to the public health concerns across the country right now, this event has been canceled.
We thank you for your understanding and hope to see you at future events.
Friday, March 27th at 6:30PM
The whole story is back with and has gotten a bit of a redesign! Still meeting on the last Friday of each month, our focus in 2020 will be reading books written by women of color. However, instead of the entire group reading the same title, each month we will have a list of 6 titles that participants can choose from!
Adults and teenagers are welcome to join as we discuss The Whole Story!
For March, please pick at least one (though you are welcome to read more than one!) of the following titles to share with the group:
- Black Women’s History of the United States by Daina Ramey Berry and Kali Nicole Gross
- Black Sunday by Tola Rotimi Abraham
- A Map Is Only One Story: Twenty Writers on Immigration, Family, and the Meaning of Home edited by Nicole Chung and Mensa Demary
- Minor Feelings: An Asian American Reckoning by Cathy Park Hong
- The Girl With the Louding Voice by Abi Daré
- Lost Children Archive by Valeria Luiselli
This event is free and open to the public. RSVP by calling (630) 963-2665.