Work at Anderson's
We are now hiring for the following positions!
Calling all book worms!
Anderson’s Bookshop is looking for an energetic part-time bookseller to join our team. Based mainly in Naperville but with occasional shifts in Downers Grove on an as needed basis, we’re looking for a team-oriented person who loves to talk and work with books. This position can expect approximately 14 - 24 hours per week to start, and will be responsible for creating a welcoming atmosphere in our stores, creatively displaying and selling paper that is bound with glue and cloth and assisting your co-workers with special projects and ideas; in short, the revolutionary work of independent booksellers. This also includes the less revolutionary but still important daily tasks like shelving books, dusting shelves, pushing a vacuum, and emptying garbage cans. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. as books are heavy.
- Exemplary customer service skills in all things
- Passion for books and for working with people
- High comfort level with technology
- Flexibility of schedule and mind
- Strong attention to detail
- Sense of humor
Major bonus points for a working knowledge of children’s literature, leadership skills, and/or prior retail experience. Must be able to work weekends and must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
To apply, please send your resume and a short statement describing your reason for applying to email@example.com.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Attention children’s book lovers! If you are passionate about children’s literature, have a strong knowledge of content for all age groups (both old and new books), and love to work with people, then we have a job for you!
Anderson’s Bookshop in Naperville is looking for a full-time Children’s Floor Manager (40 hours/week including Saturdays) to be a valuable member of our children’s team. This individual will support, contribute and build off of Anderson’s reputation as a leader in the children’s literature world.
Qualified candidates must possess a passion for and a working knowledge of children’s literature (both old and new), should be energetic, detail-oriented, and able to multitask. We are looking for someone who has strong, concise communication skills, has the ability to speak confidently in public, work closely with our Education Director to support educators and students, shows initiative, is technology savvy, and collaborates within teams. Exemplary customer service skills are a must. In short, this candidate must be a cheerleader for children’s literature to anyone that walks in the door!
Some of the Children’s Floor Manager responsibilities include:
- Helping customers (including educators, kids, and parents) find books, using knowledge of children’s literature both old and new
- Working the register and shelving books
- Giving occasional book talks for educators and other groups
- Co-hosting children’s programming for the store, including author appearances, both in-person and virtual
- Working with our Education Director & Store Manager to maintain the inventory of the children’s department and create unique floor and window displays
- Working with the children’s team at both stores, the owner, the store managers, and the marketing department to ensure a positive customer experience and smooth communication
If this sounds like you, then come be a part of the excitement and help us spread the love of reading!
Anderson’s Bookshop has been selling books since 1875, and we are proud to be the oldest single-family-run bookseller in the country. Our commitment to books and authors, as well as a devotion to customer service, has sustained us for six generations and resulted in dozens of awards, thousands of author events, and millions of books connected to happy readers.
To apply, please send your resume, a short statement describing your reason for applying, and a link to a 3 - 5 minute video of yourself talking about your favorite book of the last three years to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait to hear from you!