Work at Anderson's
We are now hiring for the following positions!
Attention children’s book lovers! If you are passionate about children’s literature, have a strong knowledge of content for all age groups, and love to work with people, then we have a job for you!
Anderson’s Bookshop in Naperville is looking for a part-time Children’s Floor Manager (25-32 hours/week including Saturdays) to be a valuable member of our children’s team. This individual will support, contribute and build off of Anderson’s reputation as a leader in the children’s literature world.
Qualified candidates must possess a passion for and a working knowledge of children’s literature - both old and new, should be energetic, detail oriented, and able to multitask. We are looking for someone who has strong, concise communication skills - including the ability to speak confidently in public, shows initiative, is technology savvy, and collaborates within teams. Exemplary customer service skills are a must. In short, this candidate must be a cheerleader for children’s literature to anyone that walks in the door!
Some of the Children’s Floor Manager responsibilities include:
- helping customers (including educators, kids, and parents) find books, using knowledge of children’s literature both old and new
- working the register and shelving books
- giving occasional book talks for educators and other groups
- co-hosting children’s programming for the store, including author appearances, both in-person and virtual
- working with our Education Director & Store Manager to maintain the inventory of the children’s department and create unique floor and window displays
- working with the children’s team at both stores, the owner, the store managers, and the marketing department to ensure a positive customer experience and smooth communication
If this sounds like you, then come be a part of the excitement and help us spread the love of reading!
Anderson’s Bookshop has been selling books since 1875, and we are proud to be the oldest single-family-run bookseller in the country. Our commitment to books and authors, as well as a devotion to customer service, has sustained us for six generations and resulted in dozens of awards, thousands of author events, and millions of books connected to happy readers.
To apply, please send your resume, a short statement describing your reason for applying, and a link to a 3 - 5 minute video of yourself talking about your favorite book of the last three years to firstname.lastname@example.org
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Anderson’s Toyshop is looking for a part-time sales associate to join our team for weekday shifts.
- Inspire toy sales - encouraging children to develop through play
- Serve as a resource in helping customers match toys to appropriate age levels
- Passionate about learning new toys and games
- Operate cash register
- Creatively displaying and shelving merchandise
- Assisting your co-workers with special projects and ideas
Qualifications include exemplary customer service skills in all things, enthusiasm, and passion for toys AND for working with people, a high comfort level with technology in a virtual world, flexibility of schedule and mind, strong attention to detail, and a sense of humor. Prior retail experience preferred. Must be able to work weekdays and must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
To apply, please email your resume and a short statement describing your reason for applying to Greg.Gordon@andersonsbookshop.com. We can't wait to hear from you!
Anderson’s Bookfair Company (part of Anderson’s Bookshops) located at 520 Exchange Ct, Aurora, IL 60504, is looking for multiple part-time warehouse associates to join our team!
These are seasonal positions working September – December 3 – 4 days a week from 8 am – 4 pm. We offer flexible hours within that window, and some ability to work around school schedules. The warehouse associates are responsible for packing bookfairs and returning inventory to the shelves when a bookfair returns to our warehouse.
- Quick and efficient worker
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Anderson’s Bookfair Company (part of Anderson’s Bookshops) located at 520 Exchange Ct, Aurora, IL 60504, is looking for multiple delivery drivers to join our team!
These are seasonal positions working September – May 3. We offer flexible hours within that window, and some ability to work around school schedules. Great supplemental income during retirement!
- Drive box truck with lift gate
- Pickup and deliveries require the loading and unloading of company trucks at both warehouse and schools, utilizing all safety procedures during the process.
- Deliver/pickup into the designated site for the book fair.
- Keep vehicle clean and refueled
- Drivers return home same day and will travel in city and suburb areas.
- Valid Illinois Class C license
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to drive box truck
- Ability to load and unload lift gate
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds and push, pull, lift, and handle rolling cases weighing more than 350 pounds on a regular basis.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!