Work at Anderson's
We are now hiring for the following positions! Click on the position or scroll down to read a description for each role.
Attention children’s book lovers! If you are passionate about children’s literature, have a strong knowledge of content for all age groups, and love to work with people, then we have a job for you!
Anderson’s Bookshop in Naperville is looking for a full-time Children’s Manager (40 hours a week, plus benefits) to be the face and voice of our children’s department to our customers and local schools. Our children’s coordinator will support, contribute and build off of Anderson’s reputation as a leader in the children’s literature world.
Qualified candidates must possess a passion for and basic working knowledge of children’s literature, should be energetic, detail oriented, able to multi-task, and comfortable owning relationships with our educational partners. We are looking for someone who has strong leadership skills, relationship management experience, shows initiative, and also works well with teams. Exemplary customer service skills are a must. A strong candidate will possess concise communication skills, including the ability to speak confidently in public.
Some of the job responsibilities include:
- Outreach to our local schools and educators, including book talks, teacher open houses, and relationship management.
- Plan, promote, and host children’s programming for the store, including author appearances
- Maintain the inventory of the department, including creating unique displays
- Work with the Children’s team at the other stores, the owners, the store managers, and the marketing department to ensure a positive customer experience and smooth communication
If this sounds like you, then come be a part of the excitement and help us spread the love of reading! Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part time, MUST be able to work weekends
Calling all toy lovers! Anderson's Toyshop in Naperville is seeking a hardworking, outgoing toy enthusiast to join the Anderson's team!
- Operate cash register
- Shelve product
- Have a positive attitude towards learning new toys and games
- Serve as a resource in helping customers match toys to appropriate age levels
- Gift wrap customer purchases
We are excited to meet you!